Thursday, November 3, 2011

Low-Cal Buffalo Chicken Dip


This week, I have been hungry.  All I want to do is eat and eat and eat and eat and...well, you get the picture.  Basically, if it's not tied down or moving real fast, I want to put it in my mouth.  I'm not kidding.  I have (in my own opinion) done a stellar job of not consuming everything in sight, and also not making stuff that I will be tempted to consume.  However, I reached my breaking point today.  My college team is playing tonight (go Noles! Currently spanking Boston College, in case you were wondering) and I just couldn't take it.  So while I was at the gym, I made the command decision-- we are having SOMETHING to eat during the game tonight.  I immediately thought of this dip.  One of my friends brought it to a party we attended earlier this fall and I was shocked at how good it tasted and how few calories it had for a cream-based dip (68 calories for 1/4 cup).  It's pretty zippy-- if you aren't into things that are warm, you may want to decrease the amount of hot sauce that you add.  Guess what-- I'm not hungry anymore. :)

Low-Cal Buffalo Chicken Dip
(from Hungry Girl-- ironic, right?)

1 8-ounce package non-fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce (depending on taste)
1/2 cup 2% or part-skim shredded mozzerella cheese
1/4 cup fat-free ranch dressing
1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
2 10-ounce cans white meat chunk chicken in water, drained

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Put softened cream cheese in a bowl and stir until no lumps remain.  Add Frank's sauce, mozzerella cheese, ranch dressing, and Greek yogurt.  Stir until thoroughly mixed.  Add the drained chicken and stir until evenly distributed throughout dip.  Spoon evenly into an 8x8 baking dish.  Bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.

NOTE:  This dip is yummy, but disconcertingly pink, especially before it's baked.  Don't let that put you off.  It's really good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment